If you are looking to go hunting for deer, panthers, wolves or control feral hogs with an airgun there are not that many out there powerful enough to do the job. You need a high powered big bore air rifle that not only fires pellets with enough velocity but also is able to fire heavy enough pellets at that high velocity. However, most PCP air rifles capable of taking down animals of this size would require you to be right on top of the animal and do not give you much room to miss. This makes hunting large animals extremely difficult and can cause the animal to suffer unnecessarily after being shot.
The Sam Yang Dragon Claw 500cc big bore 50 cal. PCP air rifle has all of the authoritative knock down power that you will need to hunt large animals up to about 35 yards. This high powered PCP air rifle has enough power to put a 250 grain 50 caliber pellet through a Douglas Fir 2×12 at 10 meters like it isn’t there with a good size exit hole; that means that you will have humane one shot kills. The Sam Yang Dragon Claw comes stock with open sights; so for serious hunting you will need to mount a compact scope. Using an 11mm two piece riser you can clear the rear sight and mount just about any scope you would like.
- Precharged pneumatic (PCP)
- Rifled Barrel
- Bolt-action with longer cocking handle
- 500cc combined- 2 air reservoirs
- 3,000 psi max fill pressure
- Built-in manometer (pressure gauge)
- Scopeable: 11mm dovetail (use only compact scopes)
- 2 power levels (first bolt stop is low power, second is high)
- Up to 860 FPS with 177 grain round balls
- Up to 600 FPS with Seneca Air Bolts
- Up to 340 FPE with 336 grain flat nose slugs
- Hardwood Monte Carlo stock- checkered forearm & grip
- Raised right-hand cheekpiece
- Includes Male Quick-Disconnect Foster Fill Connection on rifle
- Loudness: Loud as Hell!
- Weight: 8.50 lbs
- Barrel Length: 21.65″
- Overall Length: 42.10″
- Barrel: Rifled
- Front Sight: Blade and Ramp
- Rear Sight: Adjustable for windage and elevation
- Trigger adj.: Single-stage
- Apprx. Trigger Pull: 7.50 lbs
- Buttpad: Rubber
- Safety: Manual
- Max Shots Per Fill: 16
- Max Full Power Shots Per Fill: 6
each shot is full power!
Made in Korea, the Sam Yang Dragon Claw big bore PCP air rifle has no metered valve or regulator; each shot is full power for up to six shots. You can keep shooting after the 6th pellet, but your power will drop off and you will be wasting pellets, not to mention air. Both the dual reservoir and the single reservoir Sam Yang Dragon Claw have the same high power; the only difference is that you get about 6 full power shots with the dual reservoir as compared to about 3 to 4 with the single reservoir. The best way to fill the high powered big bore Sam Yang Dragon Claw .50 Cal. PCP air rifle is to use either a Hill Pump or the Air Venturi carbon fiber 4500 psi high pressure tank. After six shots, it takes about a half hour and almost a 100 pumps to bring the Sam Yang Dragon Claw back up to 2900 psi. Using the Air Venturi 4500 it takes about 10 seconds.
If you have any questions, be sure to let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Seat belts are not included!